Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulled Credit for Mortgage- help!

tag
Callandra
Valued Contributor

Re: Pulled Credit for Mortgage- help!

@Anonymous wrote:

Verizon is just horrid. Absolutely horrid. I don't think I will ever consider doing business with them based on the horror stories I've read here about them.

That is the truth. We use Verizon at work (internet and phone) and they sent us a bill. My boss called and tried to pay it but we were in the midst of switching Verizon services (we wound up with a new account number) and the guy at Verizon told my boss not to worry about it. WELL, one month later, we get a notice from a collections agency with the same bill. They told us we didn't have to pay since we were changing accounts (we assumed it was okay since we were told so) and just one month later, they sent us to collections without even sending another bill!!!

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 11 of 18
webs0082
Valued Member

So I just spoke to Credit Control- she said they do not own the debt so will not report to the CA. They report my payment to Applied within 30 days, who then will update the tradline to show PIF. I asked about PFD, she said Applied does not do that and she's never seen them do that in 17 years....myFico says differently, but whatever. Guess I will just have to wait to let this report and then start GWing. This seriously messes up my mortgage plans- ugh. I wish I could go back in time and slap my younger self.

Message 12 of 18
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Verizon is just horrid. Absolutely horrid. I don't think I will ever consider doing business with them based on the horror stories I've read here about them.

I've been with Verizon since 1998 and never had any issues... but I've also never been late on a bill with them either.

When I went into the store last fall to pick up the new iPad Air 2 they told me I was approved for $7000.  Don't think I need that many cell phones or tablets but it was a pretty good feeling nonetheless.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 13 of 18
webs0082
Valued Member

I wasn't ever late with Verizon- I switched carriers and am guessing my last bill got paid wrong. I probably fat fingered the numbers or something but I never got ANYTHING about owing them $2 and they have been diligently been reporting that $2 since 2013. RIDICULOUS

Message 14 of 18
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@webs0082 wrote:

I wasn't ever late with Verizon- I switched carriers and am guessing my last bill got paid wrong. I probably fat fingered the numbers or something but I never got ANYTHING about owing them $2 and they have been diligently been reporting that $2 since 2013. RIDICULOUS

I agree.  A $2 collection is just a bit ridiculous.

Still, companies have every right to go after balances owed be it $0.01 or $1000.   You gotta look at it from their side too though... if they had a million customers owing only $2... well... the math is pretty simple.

No, I don't work for Verizon... I've just been with them a long time and if I ever were to leave I would double check to make sure my final bill was paid in full and I had a billing statement to prove it.  Smiley Wink

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@webs0082 wrote:

So I just spoke to Credit Control- she said they do not own the debt so will not report to the CA. They report my payment to Applied within 30 days, who then will update the tradline to show PIF. I asked about PFD, she said Applied does not do that and she's never seen them do that in 17 years....myFico says differently, but whatever. Guess I will just have to wait to let this report and then start GWing. This seriously messes up my mortgage plans- ugh. I wish I could go back in time and slap my younger self.

OK, So...Applied says they *sold it* to Credit Control, and Credit Control says they do not 'own' it? Is Credit Control just collecting for Applied? Or was it sold to someone else? If Credit Control is the valid collector then you will probably have to just pay them in order to get it to reflect the $0 balance. Then start a GW campaign with Applied to get it off.

You DON"T want to "wait to let it report", that will damage your scores further.

Message 16 of 18
webs0082
Valued Member

SO- Credit Control is only collecting on behalf of Applied Bank- Applied still owns the debt. I paid to Credit Control, so I just need to wait the 30 days so they report a $0 balance instead of the $250 past due balance that is currently reporting. I realize ti won't fall off and will still be a derogatory mark, but I really think that the account showing a past due amount is killing me now. I will GW Applied ASAP to hopefully get it removed.

As far as Verizon, they are the worst. I called and they can't talk to me about my account since it was opened with an ex boyfriend 10 years ago and was opened under his SSN. Odd that they could find my SSN to report though...hmm. Anyway, I contact him after not speaking to him for like 5 years. He calls and they won't speak to him about it since it's under my name. We BOTH have to be on the phone at the same time to get this stupid $2 balance resolved. And my ex lives in LONDON. I just want to pay you $2....COME ON.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@webs0082 wrote:

As far as Verizon, they are the worst. I called and they can't talk to me about my account since it was opened with an ex boyfriend 10 years ago and was opened under his SSN. Odd that they could find my SSN to report though...hmm. Anyway, I contact him after not speaking to him for like 5 years. He calls and they won't speak to him about it since it's under my name. We BOTH have to be on the phone at the same time to get this stupid $2 balance resolved. And my ex lives in LONDON. I just want to pay you $2....COME ON.

I can't help but be reminded of the old John Cusack movie "Better Off Dead", with the psychotic paperboy continously trying to collect "Two dollars!" all through the movie.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.