Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulled My Experian Score - Trying to Figure Out the Score Bounce/What to Do

tag
mrjohnsonsgoals2
Contributor

Pulled My Experian Score - Trying to Figure Out the Score Bounce/What to Do

Hey everyone,

So after getting my first card and claiming myself to the garden until September, I pulled my Experian FICO score from here on myFICO because my free report said I had a $241 collection with Time Warner Cable (referenced here) and I wanted to figure out how much that was affected it. Well, it so turns out that my score is a 618 - not good at all.

However, I did pull the report before my first statement cut for my Chase Freedom card...so what I'm trying to figure out is, how much would my score get a bump if I did smart <9% UTIL and PIF every month until September? Will I even have a shot at 700 let alone 650? 

I'm going to try my best to get the collection off, going with notfancy's advice and going to try and draft a letter to write to Time Warner customer support (or call them on Monday). What I'm very afraid of is paying the collection but not getting it deleted in return - which would put me in the garden indefinitely (not that I don't love everyone in there but this is a painful thought)

Starting Score (March 2014) : EX: 618 EQ: 689 TU: 638
New Scores (October 2014) EX: 685 EQ: 725 TU: 712
NOW In the Garden Until: 04/08/2015

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
mebell
Regular Contributor

Re: Pulled My Experian Score - Trying to Figure Out the Score Bounce/What to Do

You can always pay and if they don't remove it, keep GWing for them to remove. At least if they don't remove it, it will be updated to PID or settled for less. What ever you work out. I recently paid a collection that removed and my score jumped about 25 points from all CRA. I recommend paying if the debt is yours and you can financially do so at the moment.

Starting Score: TU 629 6/2013
Current Score: TU 697 (March'14) EQ 688 (April'14) EX 693 (March '14)
Goal Score: 700

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.