Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulling the trigger...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pulling the trigger...

Hi!  My name is lamb33 and I'm a former bad debtor.  I have been in recovery since 2016 Smiley Happy Smiley Happy  After reading many many super helpful posts on this forum, I finally decided I could no longer just wait for things to "fall off my report" and hope for better credit.  I started by committing to on time payments and making sure nothing else EVER got sent to a collection agency.  When I started reading the posts on this and other credit forums, I didn't realize that a person could have errors on their credit reports.  I figured "they know what they're doing"- yeah right.  So far I've been able to have 7- SEVEN- derogatory items removed from the 3 bureaus due to erroneous information. 

Now I am ready to pull the trigger on my first pay for delete letter.  I'm pretty nervous that they will come back with the big fat NO, but I figured that's the worst they can do.  I plan on paying it either way, and if they remove the line from my reports- yay for me. 

Current standing: 

Capital One $0 balance/$300 limit (2- 30 lates- last one in 2/16)

Credit One $13 balance/$600 limit. (never late)

Autotrakk- $12,000 balance- opened 12/2014 (never late)

Great Lakes Education- $24,000 balance (smattering of 30-60 days prior to 1/2014, all ok since then)

Mortgages- None

A couple good lines from personal loans and closed credit cards in the past, but they are coming up on the 10 year mark- not sure what will happen once they fall off?? Smiley Sad

5 total collection accounts totaling appx $4000 from 2011-2014 (mix of medical and wireless charges).  These are the items I am tackling next.  I have no doubt that the debts are mine, so I am going to try for PFD's.  If I can do this for even 2 or 3, I will be ecstatic.  As of right now, PSECU has my Experian score at 626.  I started at 525 exactly one year ago.  Believe it or not, this is the highest my score has ever been.  Sorry for the book- but you guys give me hope and I would like to document my progress here.  Any tips are appreciated!  Thanks for reading!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
nupey10
Regular Contributor

Re: Pulling the trigger...

Hi Lamb

i don't have any tips other than this is truly the place to be for " recovering debtors " like you and me.  So much incredible info to obtain from some really great people.  Good luck in your journey and I hope to see you on the other side of 800 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pulling the trigger...

Thanks! See you on the other side 😁
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.