cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing the credit monitoring on My FICO..I've got questions?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Purchasing the credit monitoring on My FICO..I've got questions?

Do you recommend it?

I'm trying to fix my credit but I need to figure out where to start. I thought I'd come here and see if I could get any advice on where to start and how...I know that's asking for alot...but I'm totally clueless.

I have a $53 charge that just recently went to a collection agency.  If I pay the original creditor the full amount does this mean that it doesn't get reported to the my credit report? How long do I have to pay the collection agency before they report it if I wanted to go that route?

Also, after you pay it can you ask them to report that it's been paid?

Thanks for any help you can give me..I'm so lost.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Purchasing the credit monitoring on My FICO..I've got questions?

You might have to send a s & d letter before it goes back to the originally creditor ...

Message 2 of 4
KeepSwimming
Regular Contributor

I have the ScoreWatch product and I love it.

Starting Score: TU: 550 EQ: 556 (pulled 6/2010)
Current Score: (pulled 4/18/11) TU: 668(pulled 4/18/2011) EQ: 741
Goal Score: Above 700 on both

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Hi, FlowerPower99!

Yes, I think Score Watch is a great compass when rebuilding your credit.  Not only will you see how your score is affected by what you're doing (for good or bad), it also  keeps you focused on what you're trying to accomplish (Warning:  Checking your scores is addicting!)

Plus the fact that you'll be logging in every day (probably), and after you've checked your scores, you'll probably hang around to read/write a few posts.  You'll be a credit expert in no time, lol...you just can't help but learn a lot on these boards.

Can't help ya on the collections questions, though.  Sorry 'bout that!  Somebody else will be by in a while, for sure!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.