Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QS1!!!!!!!!

tag
J91605
Frequent Contributor

QS1!!!!!!!!

Today was a awesome day in my credit rebuild! I have wanted a QS1 card for a while. Considering it a goal or benchmark in my rebuild efforts. I apped for the card awhile back and was denied. I emailed the Cap1 CEO and got a call back. The lady that called said they would do a manual review, and I would get a letter in the mail (7 to 10 days) that would tell me the results. Today I received a call from the same person and she said they approved me for a 300 dollar limit! I have a card with a 2000 dollar limit thru my CU. This 300 dollar limit gives me a lot more satisfaction for some reason.

For anyone that may do this in the future. I explained in the email that I wanted this card so it would age with my Cap1 secured. That I have heard great things about there credit steps program and wanted to participate.

I want to thank everyone on this forum for the great advice. Everything I have done to this point is from the knowledge, insight and encouragement I have received here. I still have aways to go. A couple of negs to get removed, but my new lines of credit are in place. I am off to the garden for a year except for CLIs or till my scores hit 700! 

Starting Score: 6/30/15 EQ 554 TU 534 EX 608
Current Score: EQ 630 TU 635 EX 653
Goal Score: 680 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
crrredit
Established Contributor

Re: QS1!!!!!!!!

Sweet! 

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. Why are you headed to the garden? If you can get one more unsecured card to help the rebuild it may be worth it. Especially if that card is a good one.

Message 4 of 10
J91605
Frequent Contributor

I have a Cap1 secured card 200, CU card 2000, personal line of credit thru my CU 1000 (reports as revolving), and now QS1 card I can grow. I also have a auto loan thru my CU. I want to let my credit age, while I get the rest of the negatives removed. I have 3 collection I am going to PIF in Oct, and a repo that is reporting to different accounts for the same car (inside the SOL till april).

I have the three bank cards,an additional revolving account, and a installment loan to make my scores rise. I don't know that anything else will help, but if I keep getting new card it will hurt the age of my credit. The next card I want is a miles card. After that a mortgage.

Message 5 of 10
J91605
Frequent Contributor

I guess it would be good to replace my secured card with an unsecured, but I'm ok with the secured for now.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! It's great to see goals acheived! Now it's time for a new goal.

Message 7 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Great success, congrats  Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It helps if your limits are over $5000. Sometimes getting another card to facilitate getting over that threshold to get the highest scores while rebuilding. Fingerhut, Credit One are great because the inquiries won't stay on your report the whole 2 years!
Message 9 of 10
J91605
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It helps if your limits are over $5000. Sometimes getting another card to facilitate getting over that threshold to get the highest scores while rebuilding. Fingerhut, Credit One are great because the inquiries won't stay on your report the whole 2 years!
Do you mean the limit on each card, or at least 5000 in revolving. Also why would they not stay for the whole 2 years?

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.