Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QUICK HELP PLEASE!!! HOW MUCH

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

QUICK HELP PLEASE!!! HOW MUCH

MY QUESTION IS HOW MUCH SHOULD I OFFER THIS MEDICAL COLLECTION COMPANY THE BILL WAS $1,680 ITS 3 YRS OLD. THEY HAVE JUST GOT IN CONTACT WITH ME I GUESS SINCE I HAVE DISPUTED IT LAST WEEK.

6 REPLIES 6
silkysean
Regular Contributor

Re: QUICK HELP PLEASE!!! HOW MUCH

@Anonymous wrote:

MY QUESTION IS HOW MUCH SHOULD I OFFER THIS MEDICAL COLLECTION COMPANY THE BILL WAS $1,680 ITS 3 YRS OLD. THEY HAVE JUST GOT IN CONTACT WITH ME I GUESS SINCE I HAVE DISPUTED IT LAST WEEK.

If valid and it's correct I would take settlement offer and ask for a pay for delete if they are willing to do so I'm sure they won't take less then 50-60% of account so anything in the range of $750-$1050 is great for a pay for delete and if they want full for a pay for delete I still would take it because after paid it will be deleted as if never there.If possible get agreement in writing or email if possible ! Good luck OP

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was my understanding these companies buy these debts for pennies on the dollar why such a high offer????? they claim their company does not purchase debt they work with the company to collect but clearly they collect for verizon credit cards and medical from what  i read............they also say they will not delete will just update a 0 balance my understanding is that will not wvn help my score only removing will help my score....please advise.....

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It may not help your score by giving you a score increase, but it will help in the long run by not getting updated and then aging off. If they choose they can update every month and that will keep your score down
Message 4 of 7
silkysean
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It was my understanding these companies buy these debts for pennies on the dollar why such a high offer????? they claim their company does not purchase debt they work with the company to collect but clearly they collect for verizon credit cards and medical from what  i read............they also say they will not delete will just update a 0 balance my understanding is that will not wvn help my score only removing will help my score....please advise.....

That doesn't matter what they pay they now own the debt and if you want better credit in the long run best to just pay.If they don't want to do a pay for delete and want most of it then will update $0 balance paid/charge off looks better than money owed plus it will keep your scores down so at this point you have 2 choices keep it until it falls off in 7 years or pay it and look better then drop off in seven years your choice.Remember it might not get scotre higher now but it will in time so look at your credit for rebuilding now and set yourself up better for future 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

AGREED!! THANKS SILK!!!!!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Before doing anything else google the HIPAA Letter Process follow it exactly as laid out.  If you have problems finding the website or any questions PM me.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.