Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QUICK PAYMENT QUESTIOIN

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

QUICK PAYMENT QUESTIOIN

not sure if this is even going to matter?

im thinking its not, but just want a 2nd opinion to be sure 

so i have a balance of $1400 on fingerhut, and $500 on a cc

i plan on paying $500 on ea today, didnt think it would matter if i paid $500 on figerhut or 1k as my ratio would remain the same, my only thought is i have the cc paid off for this month, is my thought process correct here? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: QUICK PAYMENT QUESTIOIN

@Anonymous wrote:

not sure if this is even going to matter?

im thinking its not, but just want a 2nd opinion to be sure 

so i have a balance of $1400 on fingerhut, and $500 on a cc

i plan on paying $500 on ea today, didnt think it would matter if i paid $500 on figerhut or 1k as my ratio would remain the same, my only thought is i have the cc paid off for this month, is my thought process correct here? 

I would ask what the limits are on each account?  Your score might be better off splitting the $500 payment and getting each account under 90% util if you're over 90% on one or both since that's a major score hit for being "maxed out" according to FICO.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

We need to know CL on each cc account to better answer your question. The more they are paid down toward being below 10% utilization, the better.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingerhut 2100, cc 800, why my thought was 500 on ea
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Fingerhut 2100, cc 800, why my thought was 500 on ea

Awesome!  I missed the $500 on each though; I'd consider paying off the CC and sending $200 to FH so you have one account $0 and one with a balance...(and of course thinking ahead to a 3rd account).

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 500 to cc would make it 0, the limit was 800 had a 500 balance, all good just happy my thinking is in the right direction
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really makes no difference if the end goal is both paid down. Because UTI has no memory, it makes no difference at the end.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice that I didn't know
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.