I have a charged off acct with value city furniture here are the dates:

status of aug 2013: 

date opened: July 2007

last activity: jan 2012

it was purchased by portfolio recovery. Here are the dates:

status as od dec 2013

date opened: aug 2013

date of last activity: October 2011

how do I determine the SOL which is 3 years for maryland? And how come they don't have the same dates for date of last activity?

according to the payment history section on equifax and experian I made my last payment in with august or September . They both say something different.

Starting Score: 520
Current Score: 627
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ques abt dates on my credit report...

@HigherFico wrote:

I have a charged off acct with value city furniture here are the dates:

status of aug 2013: 

date opened: July 2007

last activity: jan 2012

it was purchased by portfolio recovery. Here are the dates:

status as od dec 2013

date opened: aug 2013

date of last activity: October 2011

how do I determine the SOL which is 3 years for maryland? You need to know the DOFD (date of 1st delinquency) that led to the CO.

And how come they don't have the same dates for date of last activity? DOLA is just date of some activity on the acct including reporting it.

according to the payment history section on equifax and experian I made my last payment in with august or September . They both say something different.

Only the OC can report a payment history, a CA or in this case a JDB is prohibited from reporting such histories. If you made your last payment on the account in September of 2011 and it then went delinquent in October 2011 and you never brought the account to a current state again 10/11 would be the DOFD.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.