Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question AMEX Gurus

tag
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

Question AMEX Gurus

So yesterday I went on a card applying spree and I applied for 5 different cards.  I am also wanting the AMEX Everyday but I don't know if it will be wise to apply for it toay while they are reconning my AMEX PRG application.   What would you do?

1. AMEX Delta Gold ($1000 CL)

2. MACY's ($2000 CL)

3. CareCredit ($3000 CL)

4. Discover It (Denied)

5. AMEX PRG (Denied but Reconed it)

I also already have

Capital One QS   ($800 CL)

Capital One QS1 ($1500 CL)

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

Re: Question AMEX Gurus

Anyone ever had this experience with AMEX before and if so, how did you handle it?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Might try posting in credit card thread for faster response.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe a little more information will yield better advice such as scores, utilization, average age of accounts any derogatories.  From what information you have given it may be best to refrain from any more applying for credit till your new accounts age six months or more.

Message 4 of 7
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

Thanks.   Nevertoolate I was just about to do that lol. 

Message 5 of 7
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

Hi Tel12.  

Sorry, I didn't see this response.   I have a collection account on my TU only for $311 and some lates on my Student loans from 2013.  I have about 11 inquiries on my EQ (due largely to 10 being from my car purchase in October), 6 on my TU 6 on my EX.   I also have 2 missed payments on a Regions account that is closed but paid from 2013 and that is about it. 

As of today,my credit scores are  EQ- 663, EX -676 and TU-to 652.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully the recon goes well for you but I would not apply for any more credit for 6 months or more.  You are going to want to raise you scores to insure high limits on future accounts and CLI's for the cards you have now.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.