Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question About Collections and Call Recording

tag
daveg38
Established Contributor

Question About Collections and Call Recording

If you call an original creditor to discuss your charged off account, and they fail to disclose they're recording the call until the END of the conversation, what recourse do I have? Is there FCRA/FDCPA laws against this?

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: Question About Collections and Call Recording

It's not necesseraly a FCRA/FDCPA violation.

Many states have laws regarding call regarding. In my state of NC, only one party of the call has to know its being recorded and the other can be keep out of the loop.

Did something happen to get you worried?
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 3
MrCrabs
Regular Contributor

Re: Question About Collections and Call Recording

1. Always assume any company you call these days are recording.

2. Always record your own calls! I have completely broken down debt collectors by letting them run their script of "i am a debt collecter to collect a debt..blah..blah, call may be recorded and monitored, etc) then say "Just want to let you know I am recording on my end as well." They will go from loud, proud, and confident to complete silence and uttering a meek and quivering "ok" LOL

Not sure what is good for Iphoneor Windows phones but I like Androrec for Androids.

Capital One Platinum | $1,500Discover IT | $1,800Victoria's Secret Angel VIP | $500Citi Secured | $200
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.