Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question About Disputes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question About Disputes

I disputed a TL and Equifax deleted it. I need to dispute with Tranunion and Experian as well right? Or is there some way to inform them of the deletion?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question About Disputes

Unfortunately you need to dispute it with each individual bureau. They all have their own method of investigative process and sometimes two out of three will delete it but the last one will show it as a valid account. How or why this happens I really couldnt say but there are further steps you can take if that happens. Others here that are more experienced can help I'm sure but feel free to PM me bc I'm kind of going through the same thing right now. Good luck!  

Message 2 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I disputed a TL and Equifax deleted it. I need to dispute with Tranunion and Experian as well right? Or is there some way to inform them of the deletion?

No you cannot use the deletion to get the other 2 to delete as already stated. You should only be disputing inaccurate information, I will info you if the account has not been reporting in some time and you dont get the deletion when it updates with the status date coming current it will drop your score if its a negative account. These things have to be weighed very carefully.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it wasn't inaccurate I wouldn't be disputing it. There is a reason I'm doing so, so I'm not too worried about them reporting it again. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

gdale - Could you please expand upon your response or perhaps direct me to another thread where this is discussed? I'm new at this and not really clear on what to do. I reviewed my credit report and found a small Comcast / Stellar Recovert collection which I know nothing about. I have not been a Comcast customer since at least 2006. Before joining this board, I disputed with Equifax. I also sent a DV with no response yet (although it admittedly hasn't been that long ago). Equifax sent me a resolution form today saying this has been removed from my report. How would I properly go about having this deleted from other bureaus?

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No you cannot use the deletion to get the other 2 to delete as already stated. You should only be disputing inaccurate information, I will info you if the account has not been reporting in some time and you dont get the deletion when it updates with the status date coming current it will drop your score if its a negative account. These things have to be weighed very carefully.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

dispute with each bureau and wait to be deleted.

Message 6 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

gdale - Could you please expand upon your response or perhaps direct me to another thread where this is discussed? I'm new at this and not really clear on what to do. I reviewed my credit report and found a small Comcast / Stellar Recovert collection which I know nothing about. I have not been a Comcast customer since at least 2006. Before joining this board, I disputed with Equifax. I also sent a DV with no response yet (although it admittedly hasn't been that long ago). Equifax sent me a resolution form today saying this has been removed from my report. How would I properly go about having this deleted from other bureaus?

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

In your case it sounds like ID Theft. I would dispute it as not yours with the other 2 bureaus and if it fails to drop then you will need to go through the ID Theft process to get it removed, the thread that can help you on the ID Theft is here   http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Victim-of-Identity-Theft-What-To-Do-to-Protect-Yourself/td-p/2059499

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.