Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question About GW for Paid Off Auto Loan

tag
phix
New Contributor

Question About GW for Paid Off Auto Loan

Hey Everyone,

I finished my extremely long 71 month auto loan with Carmax Auto Finance on 3/2013. This account had six 30 day late payments and always shows in the negative account sections of my CR. Below is when my lates were reported to the CRAs...

1. 08/2012
  2. 04/2011
  3. 03/2011
  4. 01/2011
  5. 10/2010
  6. 05/2010

Should I GW Carmax Auto Finance to get these all removed?

What is the best strategy with something like this?

The account is already paid off and 5 of the 6 lates are over 2 years old, would getitng these removed have any impact on my FICO?

FingerHut - $2,300 | Nordstrom Retail - $500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne - $500 | Credit One Bank Platinum - $450 | Victoria's Secret - $250

Current Scores: TU: 573, EX: 512, EQ: 584 (MPM Scores)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Swifterz
Established Member

Re: Question About GW for Paid Off Auto Loan

You won't know until you send out a GW. The sticky thread for GWs has a list of examples. I just started myself and found them to be a good starting point, then I just tailored it to what I was requesting. The first GW letter was the hardest for me to write, but once I got it done the rest that I wrote came easier, and is even improved the first couple after I got comfortable with it.

Message 2 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@phix wrote:

Hey Everyone,

I finished my extremely long 71 month auto loan with Carmax Auto Finance on 3/2013. This account had six 30 day late payments and always shows in the negative account sections of my CR. Below is when my lates were reported to the CRAs...

1. 08/2012
  2. 04/2011
  3. 03/2011
  4. 01/2011
  5. 10/2010
  6. 05/2010

Should I GW Carmax Auto Finance to get these all removed?

What is the best strategy with something like this?

The account is already paid off and 5 of the 6 lates are over 2 years old, would getitng these removed have any impact on my FICO?

If these are all only 30 day lates then I wouldn't worry about it ~ it is very likely that these are having very little or even no FICO scoring impact.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

+1

It shows a pattern of slopiness in monthly account management, with prompt payment without the delinquency becoming major.

Thirty lates dont have much impact after approx. two years.

Even on a manual review, it is not apt to have a big impact.

I would persue GW requests, but would not loose a lot of sleep over it.

Message 4 of 5
phix
New Contributor

Thank you everyone!

FingerHut - $2,300 | Nordstrom Retail - $500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne - $500 | Credit One Bank Platinum - $450 | Victoria's Secret - $250

Current Scores: TU: 573, EX: 512, EQ: 584 (MPM Scores)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.