Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question About HIPAA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question About HIPAA

As everyone may know I have been on and off this board for sometime now... I was looking over my credit summary from TU and the 141.00 medica collection from some radiology group is still on there... I really cant remember if I owe this or not .. It was supposedly from around 2003.... So I contacted the OC they say I dont owe this but that I have a bill for 191.00 up there... Anyway on TU this is hurting my score because its a collection , but it also says this is helping my score because it is an old collection and is not having a great impact...

So even if I cant remember this and the OC says I owe a different amount , Nobody has the account number on fie that the CA has on his file .. Do I just send the letter and pay it with the account number that the CA gave me ... I did however the other day Call TU and ask them to dipute this collection one more time....

Also my TU score of 647 is just that because I noticed that my CL had been decreased By Cap One making me 1466.00 into my now 1500 CL down from 2500 CL.. I called and was told that they can decrease the CL without any notification and told me to see the fine print... So this 1466.-- will be paid after Christmas...

Any how shuld I wait on this recent dispute before I make an attempt to pay... It has been verified once , but by the CA  with no proof to me what so ever .. I have never even seen a bill for this 141.00..

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question About HIPAA

HIPAA works... I got 6 unverifiable debts dropped from my reports in 3 months, and 4 from my DHs. I'm thrilled. Will give an update as soon as I get rid of the last sticky one...
Message 2 of 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Bevy, since you recently disputed this med collection and did not use the HIPAA process, I would wait 6 months and start all over. Use the HIPAA letter process in my siggy and follow it to a "T".
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Including colored paper! I thought they were kidding, but it prevents a scanned verification, and it took longer because I didn't do that.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.