Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question About Medical Collections and SOL

tag
atd1970
Regular Contributor

Question About Medical Collections and SOL

Hi all,

I am in the process of rebuilding credit, and collections is a major issue. I started rebuilding in November last year and had 22 accounts in collections. Because of the SOL, I only have 10 accounts remaining. All the accounts are medical.

I pulled my TU to check the estimated month/year the remaining accounts will be removed. However, I am confused by the dates. Shouldn't the accounts expire at the same time because or the original date of service?

I had two ER visits, so I know the SOL is different, but the information on my CR looks like this (all collections):

Estimated Month and Year Item with be removed

Medical- 6/2014

Medical- 10/2014

Medical- 11/2014

Medical- 12/2014

Medical- 12/2014

Medical- 04/2015

Medical- 06/2015

Medical- 10/2015

Medical- 6/2017

Medical- 4/2018

I realize that if I just garden for the next 12 months, most of the Derogs will drop off, but I would like the collections to be removed as early as possible.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

Re: Question About Medical Collections and SOL

@atd1970 wrote:

Hi all,

I am in the process of rebuilding credit, and collections is a major issue. I started rebuilding in November last year and had 22 accounts in collections. Because of the SOL, I only have 10 accounts remaining. All the accounts are medical.

I pulled my TU to check the estimated month/year the remaining accounts will be removed. However, I am confused by the dates. Shouldn't the accounts expire at the same time because or the original date of service? (What were the DOFD for these debts, based on your credit report? Have you made any payments at all on these accounts? If you haven't made any payments or had any activity on the accounts then the date they fall off should be the same for all those whose service was the same date. That's how mine are. Since the service date is the same, the DOFD should be the same as well. What state do you live in out of curiosity? And are these collections all owned by one CA or by many? Some of mine are held by the same company, some are spread between companies, and I have companies that hold debts from different services as well.)

I had two ER visits, so I know the SOL is different, but the information on my CR looks like this (all collections):

Estimated Month and Year Item with be removed

Medical- 6/2014

Medical- 10/2014

Medical- 11/2014

Medical- 12/2014

Medical- 12/2014

Medical- 04/2015

Medical- 06/2015

Medical- 10/2015

Medical- 6/2017

Medical- 4/2018

I realize that if I just garden for the next 12 months, most of the Derogs will drop off, (If you are outside the SOL, you might be able to ask the CRAs for an early exclusion on a few to get rid of them before they fall off.) but I would like the collections to be removed as early as possible.

A little more info on the debts and I could provide some more insight. Smiley Happy If you look in my sig, I have a LOT of collections still, and all medical. lol.

Starting Score: EQ 478 | EX N/A | TU 540 - 5/2014
Current Score: EQ 475 | EX 582 | TU 589
Goal Score: 700 by 5/2015 - My Credit Rebuilding Journey!
Collections (MED): DCS Financial (4) | Columbia Collectors (1) |
Dynamic Collectors, Inc (2) | Professional Credit Services (2) |
CMRE Financial Services (1) | Total: 10
Charge-offs: IQCU (1)
Cards I'm aiming to get:
Unitus Community CU SecuredBofA Secured
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.