Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question Regarding Judgements?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question Regarding Judgements?

Hello everyone i have a Judgement on my CR that was satisfied in 8/08 but it shows on my CR no status change...how do i correct this?...i also read on hear that you can file a "Motion To Vacate"?...what is this and how do i go about doing it? Again thank you for your advice.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question Regarding Judgements?

To have it updated, you can dispute. Make sure it is recorded as satisfied at the court house first.

On the motion to vacate.......check your state statutes. You have to have a good reason, usually.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Question Regarding Judgements?

A judgment remains on your CR for 7 years from the date of entry of the judgment, pursuant to FCRA 605(a)(2).

Payment of the judgment does not remove it from your CR.

A motion to vacate a judgment will, IMHO, be summarily dismissed by the court if you have paid the judgment. There is no longer any legal controvery to adjudicate.  What could be grounds to ask the court to vacate a judgment that is now willingly settled to the satisfaction of the parties?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.