Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question Regarding SDFCU

tag
labelexpired
Established Member

Question Regarding SDFCU

Does anyone know what this means?

This notification is required for members who are approved but did not qualify for the lowest advertised rate.

I checked my application status doesn't mentioned approved.
Cap One $1000
Cap One Quicksilver $500
Best Buy Visa Citi $2000
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question Regarding SDFCU

@labelexpired wrote:
Does anyone know what this means?

This notification is required for members who are approved but did not qualify for the lowest advertised rate.

I checked my application status doesn't mentioned approved.

More information needed.  What product were you approved for?

Message 2 of 11
labelexpired
Established Member

I signed up for their credit card .

Visa Platinum Credit Card
Cap One $1000
Cap One Quicksilver $500
Best Buy Visa Citi $2000
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe the lowest rate is 7.99%.  You could have been approved at a higher rate.  Have you been sent any e-sign paperwork?

Message 4 of 11
labelexpired
Established Member

Yes I did but didn't seem anything about interest
Cap One $1000
Cap One Quicksilver $500
Best Buy Visa Citi $2000
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@labelexpired.

I suggest contacting them in the morning and get clarification.  Maybe the system hasn't updated yet.  By the way....congrats on the approval.  They were at one time on my bucket list.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 11
labelexpired
Established Member

Thanks we'll see how it goes I was really looking to apply for the NFCU one I keep hearing nothing but great stuff but I'm not military or know anyone in it.
Cap One $1000
Cap One Quicksilver $500
Best Buy Visa Citi $2000
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@labelexpired wrote:
Thanks we'll see how it goes I was really looking to apply for the NFCU one I keep hearing nothing but great stuff but I'm not military or know anyone in it.

Congrats on the card approval.. An alternative is Pentagon Federal Credit Union. Like Navy,  it's a very good credit union and you do not have to have any affiliation with the military.  I belong to NFCU, SDFCU and PenFed and while NFCU will always be my primary credit union as I have been a member for a very long time, PenFed is a great one as well.  SDFCU can be somewhat conservative and PenFed has a wider variety of products and you can't beat them for auto loans. 

Message 8 of 11
labelexpired
Established Member

How were you able to apply to them? NFCU? Without a military affiliation? Did you call in instead of the webapp?
Cap One $1000
Cap One Quicksilver $500
Best Buy Visa Citi $2000
Message 9 of 11
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@labelexpired wrote:
How were you able to apply to them? NFCU? Without a military affiliation? Did you call in instead of the webapp?

A lot of us that have no military affiliation were able to get in via a loophole in their charter that was closed in May....

There currently is no known way into NFCU without military now..

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.