cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about 2 collection account that appear

tag
BillyMoses

Question about 2 collection account that appear

I know the more collection accounts you have on your credit report, the worst your score is going to be, but here is my question:

I have two collections (that apear on all three reports the same). One is for $17 that I owe to GoDaddy for a free trial I failed to cancel, the other is a medical bill about $600.

Does scoring take into account the amount of the debt owed? If I had two collections with bigger collection amounts would my score be lower?

I am contacting the collection agency with a "pay for delete" request for the GoDaddy collection this Tuesday since it's "pocket change."

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question about 2 collection account that appear

@BillyMoses wrote:

I know the more collection accounts you have on your credit report, the worst your score is going to be, but here is my question:

I have two collections (that apear on all three reports the same). One is for $17 that I owe to GoDaddy for a free trial I failed to cancel, the other is a medical bill about $600.

Does scoring take into account the amount of the debt owed? Some versions of Fico will discount CAs of less than 100 these are called nuisance collections others will not. If I had two collections with bigger collection amounts would my score be lower? Possibly though the amount of the CA debt is not usually used in calculating Fico unless its a new version of the Fico score that discounts as I said above.

I am contacting the collection agency with a "pay for delete" request for the GoDaddy collection this Tuesday since it's "pocket change."

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.