cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Amex showing up as closed per bankruptcy but we never filed...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about Amex showing up as closed per bankruptcy but we never filed...

We had two Amex accounts that charged off and one is now showing a zero balance (we did not pay it off... owed a little over $2,000) which sounds great except for the fact that the account is reporting differently on all three CB's:

EQ = Closed  0.00 Balance  (no info listed in payment status or comment field... not showing as CO)

EX =  Closed  0.00 Balance  Payment Status: Charge Off  Comments:  Card closed due to inactivity

TU =  OPEN?  0.00 Balance  Payment Status: No Data Provided   Comments: Credit Card included in bankruptcy

It is our account but we never paid the balance of the account and have never filed bankruptcy.  I believe all of this happened when my husbands father (who is a SR. and my husband a JR.) filed bankruptcy.  We are working on fixing our credit so that we can buy a house but will the comment about bankruptcy prevent us from doing so???

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ScoreBooster
Frequent Contributor

Re: Question about Amex showing up as closed per bankruptcy but we never filed...

This BK-comment has to go ASAP. I can imagine that potential lenders see that as a red flag when reviewing your credit. it isn't open either so that's wrong as well.

Message 2 of 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Question about Amex showing up as closed per bankruptcy but we never filed...

What is the DOFD for this account ? Also you might want to check your state's
SOL to determine if you have a defense if you are sued.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.