Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Answering a Debt Collection Lawsuit Summons

tag
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about Answering a Debt Collection Lawsuit Summons

keep you personal problems away from work. just do your best at work and you should be fine. dont let the 90 day probation discourage you from your performance

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 21 of 25
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

subscribing

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 22 of 25
golby260
Valued Member

BUMP.

I just wanted to say that I asked people on Yahoo! Answers, and, not providing a bunch of details, of course, but I told them about this situation.  One guy said I should've gotten the agreement in writing and I shouldn't have agreed to do the postdated checks.

What are my options if I want to get out of doing the postdated checks?  I want to switch from my checking to money orders sent through Certified Mail, especially if they decide to withdraw more than they had told me they would do.  I can't afford to let them ruin the relationship I have at my credit union.  I opened my account there nine months ago (back in October), and I can't afford to look bad with them.  I really like them, and I may need to have their cooperation with credit cards and such in the future: I don't want bounced checks from some collection agency to end all that.

Please help.

ADDENDUM: I should add that I haven't gotten any agreement or anything in email in writing, yet, like the agent claimed I would.  The lady called me on Friday, claiming that it's company policy to call me to verify that I have more than $500 on my checking for them to do the transaction or whatever.  That was the last time I had any contact with them.  I need to know what I can do to either change this or just get out of the transactions somehow.  I'll pay them, even on the plan, but I must do it in a way that ensures my rights and safety.  Please help.

ADDENDUM #2: I also haven't noticed any withdrawals, yet, as the woman claimed they take days to process, so maybe that buys me some window of time.  I emailed my credit union to tell them what happened on Thursday.  I want to know if I could just block transactions that are more than the amounts they told me they'd withdraw or if I should just get a new checking account (bah!) altogether.  HELP.

Message 23 of 25
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

you emailed you CU and told them you post dated a check? yeah that was a bad idea. why wont they accept a cc payment for 5 mos?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 24 of 25
golby260
Valued Member

BUMP.

I'd really like a reply from other members of the forums, too, thanks.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.