New Visitor
doover

Question about BK and associated charge offs.

I am one of those who wishes I would have found this years ago.  I have a BK from 2004 so I've still got a few years until it falls off.  When I review my credit reports I see that the BK is listed as are a number of accounts that were included in the BK.  They do have the notation that states they were charged off with the BK, but do they still impact my score since they are listed seperately?

LIGHTNIN

Re: Question about BK and associated charge offs.

I know very little about BK, but here's what I found in the Education section How will my FICO score consider BK?

It did say........the more accounts included in the bankruptcy filing, the more of an impact on your score.

Oh BTW, Welcome to the forums, and heres a bump to the top of the board.:smileywink:

Maybe others will chime in too.

FICO's Oct 2013 TU711 EQ713 EX723~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+