cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about BK and associated charge offs.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about BK and associated charge offs.

I am one of those who wishes I would have found this years ago.  I have a BK from 2004 so I've still got a few years until it falls off.  When I review my credit reports I see that the BK is listed as are a number of accounts that were included in the BK.  They do have the notation that states they were charged off with the BK, but do they still impact my score since they are listed seperately?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Question about BK and associated charge offs.

I know very little about BK, but here's what I found in the Education section How will my FICO score consider BK?

It did say........the more accounts included in the bankruptcy filing, the more of an impact on your score.

Oh BTW, Welcome to the forums, and heres a bump to the top of the board.Smiley Wink

Maybe others will chime in too.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.