Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about CA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about CA

I wrote a DV letter to a CA. They received the letter almost two weeks ago. I sent it certified. I just checked my credit report and they are still reporting. Are they allowed to report while validating the debt? I never received anything from the CA stating they were trying to collect. They just started reporting in November. Aren't they supposed to let you know they own the debt? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question about CA

They can continue to report. I'd give them another 2-3 weeks before firing off a second. By law, they do have to send a dunning letter once they start collection activity, which likely would have been prior to November.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

They never sent me anything. Unless they sent it to an old address that I haven't lived at for years. They never called. I figured if they put it on my credit report then they would send it to the current address.

Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If you moved since doing business with the OC, they probably mailed it to an old address.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.