Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about CAs Reporting Multiple times

tag
enterclevernamehere
Valued Member

Question about CAs Reporting Multiple times

Ok, so still fairly new to all of this so bear with me please.  On my report, under Collections I am showing collection accounts, then a few of those same accounts show under my "Accounts" tab saying that  I am 120+ days past due.  It shows a balance and my "Monthly payment" which i have never set up with them.  They are for medical bills.  Can they do this?  Thank you all so much, I am working hard to clean up my past. 

Starting Score: FICO EQ = 503 | TU - 504
Current Score: FICO EQ = 561 | TU - 551 EX FAKO = 549
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about CAs Reporting Multiple times

well yeah they are trying to ding you as much as possible cause they want money. i just dont see how they can report a monthly payment if youve never set up a payment agreement with them. have they ever sent you a dunning or a proposal with x amount of payment to settle the debt? maybe thats the payment they are reporting? how many medical collection accounts do you have?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 2 of 7
enterclevernamehere
Valued Member

I have several from a rough stretch i went without insurance.  Had to go to the ER a few times because I couldn't afford to go to the doctor and I got so bad that's where i ended up (how dumb, a $150 dr visit or thousands at the er)....anyways, I have around 6 total, only because the hosiptal is one charge, then each er doctor is another, so its killing me...I have never set up payment plans with any of them.  I got a letter in the mail the other day from the hospital saying that I had a 0 balance with them because they saw I was without insurance and wanted to have compassion on me (its a very religous catholic hospital).  So hoping to get this stuff off.  Sorry that was all over the place, lol

Message 3 of 7
ceejx
Established Contributor

@enterclevernamehere wrote:

Ok, so still fairly new to all of this so bear with me please.  On my report, under Collections I am showing collection accounts, then a few of those same accounts show under my "Accounts" tab saying that  I am 120+ days past due.  It shows a balance and my "Monthly payment" which i have never set up with them.  They are for medical bills.  Can they do this?  Thank you all so much, I am working hard to clean up my past. 

The OC can report along with the collection agency, so you could potentially have 1 "account" in chargeoff status and one "collection" after it's bought by the agency (or even if it's just placed there for collection) ... I had the same problem with NCO Financial and AAFES, the collections disappeared after I paid it off, but the derog from 2006 still stands for a little while longer.. 

Message 4 of 7
enterclevernamehere
Valued Member

Another thing i just noticed is that I have a judgement from an apartment that I co-signed for in 2006.  They are reporting TWO judgements, both with the same case numbers, they can't do that right?  And the OC went out of business back in 08, did not sell off assets or anything, just closed up shop.  Can the attorney on that still persue the debt?

Message 5 of 7
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@enterclevernamehere wrote:

I have several from a rough stretch i went without insurance.  Had to go to the ER a few times because I couldn't afford to go to the doctor and I got so bad that's where i ended up (how dumb, a $150 dr visit or thousands at the er)....anyways, I have around 6 total, only because the hosiptal is one charge, then each er doctor is another, so its killing me...I have never set up payment plans with any of them.  I got a letter in the mail the other day from the hospital saying that I had a 0 balance with them because they saw I was without insurance and wanted to have compassion on me (its a very religous catholic hospital).  So hoping to get this stuff off.  Sorry that was all over the place, lol

ok so the 6 accounts you have are from the same hospital correct? and this hospital sent you a letter stating a zero balance for the compassion?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 6 of 7
enterclevernamehere
Valued Member

Yes, all the same hospital and they sent me the letter this week.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.