Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Capital One Secured Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about Capital One Secured Card

I just received my Capital one Secured card in the mail today, the limit is $200, I wanted to know how long will it take to post if deposit more money today?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about Capital One Secured Card

Usually a couple days... Since it's Friday, I would say probably around Wednesday

Message 2 of 8
crissyanj
Contributor

When i put an extra deposit on my card, it took about 10 days for the increase to show up.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

No need to deposit more. Its not going to help with the card and/or scoring. If anything, use those funds for another secure line.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree w/ Crissy as that was my experience as well. And after 6 months of on time payments they even gave me a $300 unsecured increase which I hear doesn't happen for everyone so ymmv.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're gonna add more funds, gotta do it ASAP because that's going bye-bye.

But Cap One DOES do unsecured credit line increases so long as you treat the card well.  Credit Steps kicks in after 5-7 months and it's typically speaking a $300 increase and they swear up and down they will review for additional CLIs on the secured offering in the future now that they won't allow additional deposits.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

i only charged my 200 cl secured cap one card 30 bucks a month. and on the 6th month, they gave me 300 dollar cli. i don't think it's worth to add more as a deposit. i would try and find a secured card that graduates and focus on that one more.

Message 7 of 8
dcastillo68
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just received my Capital one Secured card in the mail today, the limit is $200, I wanted to know how long will it take to post if deposit more money today?

Don't put more money in it.  AFter 3 months with good use, you will pre qualify for an unsecured card.  Keep checking the prequalify site!

Starting Score 7/15/15 EQ 562 | TU 557 | EXP 556 Current Score EQ 601 | TU 622 | EXP 632
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.