Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Chase student loans

tag
nativenyer
Frequent Contributor

Question about Chase student loans

Okay, so I goodwill Chase student loans for two accounts that are listed as charge offs.  They do their internal investigation, send me a letter, and basically say that they cannot reverse the lates and the account will stay on for 7 years.

Then they said that if I went through loan rehab, which I did and I'm absolutely current, to send them a letter stating this.  Well, I can easily do that because I have the letter, but why would they ask if they've already stated that they won't reverse the lates.  Should I bother to send the letter?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Efour

Re: Question about Chase student loans

I would. There is no harm in humbly requesting this. Congratulations on getting them to accept a rehab agreement! 

When was your loan from and how much did you take out? How long did you pay it before it slipped into default and was charged off? 

How did you negotiate the rehab?

I am asking because I have a charged off student loan from Chase Student Loans that I would like to somehow rehabilitate, if at all possible. Any word on how/who you spoke to to make this happen would be GREATLY appreciated.

Equifax (My Fico): 608 as of 4MAR2014 (Starting)

5k NFCU goCash VISA
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.