Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about EQ dispute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about EQ dispute

I recently disputed some lates on a US DOE student loan. I opened the dispute on 7/24 and it was closed today. Here are the results of the dispute:

We have researched the credit account. Account # − 382987* The results are: This creditor is currently
reporting a zero balance for this account. If you have additional questions about this item please contact: XXXX

I know the balance is 0 because the student loan was transferred. I was disputing the lates? Which appear to still be there?  Any help?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MaryJane197
Regular Contributor

Re: Question about EQ dispute

I would interpret the response as validated. Therefore EQ has nothing to change. Someone chime in if you don't see it the same.

I would contact the DOE regarding the late payments. Have you tried sending them a GW letter or talked to them about the late payments?
07/14/20:-TransUnion: 528 / Equifax: 521, / Experian: 666
Filed BK 01/24/2020
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about EQ dispute

The comments may well be true. As a note, I have found EQ to be stubborn, ridged and just plain dumb. It has taken me re-disputing and threating them to get the report the way it is suppose to be. Very frustrating. In the end it comes around but way too much unneeded nonsense! As an aside, TU has been reasonable and accurate for me without all the nonsense.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.