Regular Contributor
sgress1533

Question about GEMB-paypalbuyercredit

I had a GEMB paypalbuyercredit that went into bad debt/collection that charged off on 5/08. No collection agency has been reported on my CRA's and since 5/08 it still says that I am $107 past due even though it's charged off. What should I do? I was thinking about paying off the full amount ($520) to paypal, but we're trying to buy a house and I don't want my score to decrease. Thanks for any advice.
Fico Scores:

1/13/09 EQ-525, EX-519, TU-515
7/21/09 EQ- 616, EX-603, TU-652
(EX scores from LO)
7/24/09 EQ-626, EX-603, TU-652...Now we can get our home!
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question about GEMB-paypalbuyercredit

Even when a CO, you still owe and are technically past due.

A closed account with a balance being reported by the OC will still be counted in your util....you might see an increase by paying it.

At any rate, I would attempt to take care of the debt with the OC before a CA gets the account and ends up on your report as well, especially if you are in the process of buying a home. The last thing you want is a CA added.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Regular Contributor
sgress1533

Re: Question about GEMB-paypalbuyercredit

Thanks for the info. I went ahead and paid a portion of it to take care of the payment due listed on the credit card. I'm going to pay the rest as soon as I get paid. I figured that even if I take a hit, my Kays credit card just increased my CL and I have a zero balance so it might just be a wash. I have my fingers crossed that it won't decrease my score.
Fico Scores:

1/13/09 EQ-525, EX-519, TU-515
7/21/09 EQ- 616, EX-603, TU-652
(EX scores from LO)
7/24/09 EQ-626, EX-603, TU-652...Now we can get our home!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}