cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about GW letters and when they are turned down.

tag
Mondavi
Regular Contributor

Question about GW letters and when they are turned down.

Hello. I have been having hard time with Chase on a CO. It was from 6 years ago for a $300 credit card. I paid them the $300 but my account had $336 more on it after the CO from penalties and interest. So a year later a collection company sent me a letter. Saying pay this amount to settle. So I paid another $200. In total i paid $500. Leaving my account balance at $136. The collection agencies letter only said to pay this amount to settle. I had no option to pay the remaining balance. I have tried two GW letters to Chase Executive Offices both came back sorry we are unable to change your report based on that they "are obligated by law to report correct information"blah blah blah. How many times do some of you try before you give up? Do you always send the same letter or change things around? I should note that between two letters and an email to that office I always get the same person that reads my requests. I wish I could get someone else maybe to read one. Thanks for your time and help.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question about GW letters and when they are turned down.

In my case? I sent about 20 or so to Chase before they deleted mine.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.