Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Midland

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about Midland

Is Midland actually a debt 'buyer' or are they ALSO a third-party collector for hire?

I have an account wherein the OC hasn't reported to the CRAs in a while & shows as a CO, Midland is reporting the same debt +$500 additional.

Midland has bombarded us with letters, settlement offers AND "credit card" scheme offered through Jefferson Capital which, if I understand correctly, is against the law.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question about Midland

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

llecs wrote:
Bump.

Also check out Jefferson Capital here:

Thank you, I had run across that thread when trying to decide whether to accept their "offer" ~ my problem is, now what do I do about them?  I'm tellin ya, the more I read the more confused I get!  There's so much great info on these boards but my brain struggles to keep it all straight and I honestly am a reasonably intelligent woman!  Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

WhatzUrPlan wrote:
Is Midland actually a debt 'buyer' or are they ALSO a third-party collector for hire?

I have an account wherein the OC hasn't reported to the CRAs in a while & shows as a CO, Midland is reporting the same debt +$500 additional.

Midland has bombarded us with letters, settlement offers AND "credit card" scheme offered through Jefferson Capital which, if I understand correctly, is against the law.

Midland is both a JDB and a 3rd party collector.

Have you tried DVing them yet?
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, not yet ~ it's still WAY in SOL but I'm gonna DV them anyway
Message 5 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

WhatzUrPlan wrote:

No, not yet ~ it's still WAY in SOL but I'm gonna DV them anyway

IMO, DV them within SOL IF you have the money to PIF. I DV'd everyone in the beginning and there were no threats of lawsuits. Everything was AOK. I also DV every dunning letter that has come my way since starting repair last August and have had a 100% success rate on that.
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMO, DV them within SOL IF you have the money to PIF. I DV'd everyone in the beginning and there were no threats of lawsuits. Everything was AOK. I also DV every dunning letter that has come my way since starting repair last August and have had a 100% success rate on that.

WOW!!!  100%???  That's IMPRESSIVE!!  If you're still on here, llecs, PM me please

I don't have the money to PIF, HOWEVER, I had a light bulb moment and realized something new about this account

Message 7 of 13
GettingBetter66
New Contributor

Midland is a nightmare!  I have sent them letters and no answer yet they verifiy with the CB in the following manner: listed in Chapter 7 (I have never had one), Chapter 13 (I did have one 3 years before they showed up), and paying in a wage earner plan (Chpt 13 discharged in 2005).  During this process all of the sudden I start getting bills from them and they are trying to collect on this debt I know nothing about.  Funny they can bill me, but not send me any verification of the debt.  They suck!
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh yeah, they definitely SUCK!!! 

When you DV'd them, did you send it CMRRR and keep the GC??? 

Have you located a consumer attorney and followed it up with an ITS? 

Message 9 of 13
GettingBetter66
New Contributor

Yes I did CRRR and got the GC back.  I haven't done anything since, except watch them screw up my CR's worse than they were before.....
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.