Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about OC's CA's and CO's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about OC's CA's and CO's

I got a dunning notice from a CA (MRS) for my charged off Chase account. The thing is Chase is still reporting the balance of the charge off on my CR and there is no sign of MRS, so I know Chase still owns the debt.

So did chase just hire this company to help them collect? And if so, if I setup a payment plan with MRS will they then appear on my CR?

I'd ideally like to settle the debt with the OC, so does anyone know if I call up Chase would they be willing to set-up a payment plan? This is my biggest baddie at just over $1000, and while we've been saving up to pay off everything we owe I don't have $1000 up front to put down, so working out a payment plan so I can continue to save to pay off all other outstanding debt would be ideal.

obviously we don't always get what we want though lol

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question about OC's CA's and CO's

@Anonymous wrote:

I got a dunning notice from a CA (MRS) for my charged off Chase account. The thing is Chase is still reporting the balance of the charge off on my CR and there is no sign of MRS, so I know Chase still owns the debt.

So did chase just hire this company to help them collect? And if so, if I setup a payment plan with MRS will they then appear on my CR?

I'd ideally like to settle the debt with the OC, so does anyone know if I call up Chase would they be willing to set-up a payment plan? This is my biggest baddie at just over $1000, and while we've been saving up to pay off everything we owe I don't have $1000 up front to put down, so working out a payment plan so I can continue to save to pay off all other outstanding debt would be ideal.

At this point you would need to have the cash available to settle in full with Chase and possibly the CA. If you do call Chase ask them to recall the collectors in exhange for full payment, if they refuse then your only other option is to cut a deal with the CA for payment in exchange for it not being reported. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you gdale for responding. I definitely don't have the cash up front, especially because we just got a pretty large medical bill in the mail, we'll look at everything we have/owe and figure it out.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, this is quite common. As a general rule, if you setup a payment plan with the CA before they report anything, it will usually stay that way as long as you keep up with the agreement.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.