Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about PFD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about PFD

I am attempting to write a PFD letter to send to a CA that has been verified through the CRA already. On the CR is states 'DISP INVG COMP-RPT BY GRNTR'.

Where I would normally write on the PFD letter:

'Please be aware that this is not an acknowledgment or acceptance of the debt, as I have not received any verification

of the debt. Nor is this a commitment to pay and is not a payment agreement unless you provide a response as detailed below.'  

I guess my biggest question is, do i leave the underlined phrase in there even though they have verified the debt, or is there something different i should be writing?

After reading a bit more last night i realized that i am still within the SOL, and if they attempt to sue me I will have the fund available to just pay them off.

Am i thinking about this all wrong? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question about PFD

@Anonymous wrote:

I am attempting to write a PFD letter to send to a CA that has been verified through the CRA already. On the CR is states 'DISP INVG COMP-RPT BY GRNTR'.

Where I would normally write on the PFD letter:

'Please be aware that this is not an acknowledgment or acceptance of the debt, as I have not received any verification

of the debt. Nor is this a commitment to pay and is not a payment agreement unless you provide a response as detailed below.'  

I guess my biggest question is, do i leave the underlined phrase in there even though they have verified the debt, or is there something different i should be writing?

After reading a bit more last night i realized that i am still within the SOL, and if they attempt to sue me I will have the fund available to just pay them off.

Am i thinking about this all wrong? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Welcome to My Fico Smiley Happy

A dispute with the CRA on a TL is not a debt validation at all. If the entity is a reporting CA then you would sent them a DV but it can be viewed as adversarial and if you know the debt is yours you want to move directly to the PFD offer to the reporting CA. You can review the below links for ideas on how to write a good PFD offer.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/td-p/2031275

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.