Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Paid Collection Reporting

tag
Repairman
Established Contributor

Question about Paid Collection Reporting

I have an AMEX account that went into collection in 2013 due to late payments. With a Status date of November 2013 and a Last Activity Date of March 2013 with Equifax. I previously tried to GW but AMEX would not budge in removing any of the remarks, though they did grant me an Optima card.

My question though, is with Equifax they are reporting a STATUS of Collection Account, and with Transunion and Experian they are reporting REMARKS of Account closed by credit grantor. Should they instead be reporting a STATUS of Paid In Full After Collection (for Trans and Exp they ARE reporting Payment after charge off/Collection) and REMARKS of Paid Collection (for Equ they are reporting that in remarks)? Should I write another Good Will to AMEX regarding these SPECIFIC trade lines? Or should I dispute them directly with the credit bureaus? And will doing either negatively affect t my score by making them current again?

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.