Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Status for 30 day late

tag
NewNimproved
Established Member

Question about Status for 30 day late

I have this old Car loan account in which it states the status is 30-59 days late on Equifax and then 30 days late on Trans Union and Nothing on Experian. But then it says on the bottom that there are 0 times I was late. I'm just wondering how it can be contradictory. And I'm also wondering if Lenders see the status and think 30 days or do they look at the months that show no lates instead? I also tried disputing it but both agencies said that it was correct even though part of it is wrong. My status can't be "30 days late" if it is a paid closed account. And they also put that I disputed and that it was "resolved, customer disagrees"  I heard that lenders do not like disputes. Will that hurt me if I try to apply for a mortgage?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Question about Status for 30 day late

The occurence of the late is preserved under your payment history profile.

It does not have to be consistent with each CRA.

The payment history profile is likely what the CRA verified when you filed a dispute.

A summary statement at the bottom is added by the purveyor of your commercial credit report, and while it may be contradictory, is not an element of your credti file, and thus not an issue when the CRA reinvestigates the dispute.

While an account remains delinquent, its current status is delinquent, such as 30-late.

However, if the accoount is paid, then it is no longer delinquent, and thus the current status would update to paid.

The prior delinquency status is preserved under a code called your Payment Rating, which wuold still be 30-late.

What is the code of the 30-late, its Current Status or its Payment Rating?

Message 2 of 4
NewNimproved
Established Member

STATUS:    Not more than two payments past due                     30 days past due                    Account paid satisfactorily

Equifax                                                       Trans Union                                         Experian

These are the Current Status which is why I don't undertand it. Experian says Account Paid Satisfactorily. But Equifax and Trans Union State that my current status is still 30 days past due. Even though the Car was paid off in 2009.       

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If it is showing the current status as delinquent, it is inaccurate.

You might file a direct dispute with the creditor, and include factual documentation showing it was paid, thus avoiding any dismissal of the dispute has being substantially the same as a prior dispute.  A new dispute is defined as not being substantially the same if it provides supporting documentation not previously provided.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.