Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Transunion score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about Transunion score

Hello good people I have a question about transunion site scores. How accurate are the scores that you order from the official transunion site? Equifax? and Experian? I subscribed to transunion because I am watching for two big negative things to be removed a repossession in which I no longer see and a judgment which has been paid. The repo was due to be removed from my account this month. I refreshed my scores on transunion site this morning and it said my score is 733 from 682. My fico has my transunion score at 686 so I am trying to figure out the discrepancy? Can someone help me to figure this out????

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

Re: Question about Transunion score

By 58 posts, one would think you have read about FAKO scores.  The discrepancy is due to the fact that TU has a FAKO score.  The only "real" score is sold on this site.  You can get FICO scores from specific lenders (CC companies that show your FICO on their site) or on EX, but when you see a score on EQ or TU, it isn't real.

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So purchasing from transunion should only be about the reports. But does the increase in their score mean that I will get some kind of increase in my fico score on this site. I think the rpo fell off because I do not see it anymore and will my score increase because it fell off? 

Message 3 of 6
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

Fako scores are good for monitoring score trends (up or down) and when the real FICOs change, it may not be as many points....and sometimes in the opposite direction.  Eack FAKO/FICO model has a different equation to come to your score.

Unless you are looking at a major purchase (buying a house or a car) in the next month, don't pull a real FICO.  Wait until you need it.  The alternative is to pay for the monthly FICO monitoring and you will see score changes as they happen.

Remember, you are better off paying off debt than paying for credit monitoring.  Once debt is in good control, you can opt for monitoring.

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I do beleive you can get a real Fico from EX & EQ, good rule of thumb to follow is if the score doesnt say its a Fico its a FAKO.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok got it thanks guys!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.