Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about a PFD response....please help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about a PFD response....please help

I received a response to a PDF letter I sent last week.  Their response was:

Please be advised, your account has been closed by this office and returned to your creditor.

We have instructed the credit bureau(s) to delete the account.  We cannot control the speed in which the credit bureau(s) will act upon this request.  Should you wish to confirm the deletion, we recommend checking back with the bureaus in approximately thirty (30) days.

We trust this resolves your concerns.

I could be reading too much into this, and don't get me wrong, I'm filled with joy that it is being deleted.  But does this mean that there is a possibility that the OC could report it now that they have returned my account to them.

Thanks,

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question about a PFD response....please help

Congrats! They'll delete. It could mean what they say. If returned to the OC, the OC probably won't report at all. Or the CA will sell it to another. One other possibility is that the CA will eat the debt and write it off for their own deduction. IMO, I wouldn't worry about it. If this CA is who I think it is, then you'll never hear about it ever again.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about a PFD response....please help

That is what I was hoping for.  but had to get an expert opinion.

like the ole bud commercial

MyFICO......."luv ya Man"

Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.