Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about a dispute

tag
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Question about a dispute

hello folks,

here's my situation: i started looking at my credit report just these past few months to better understand and improve my credit score...it's been abused for a long time so i finally had enough courage to tackle the beast of my past...anyhow, i have CO (one reported in 2007) and since i didn't recall that account at all (credit card), i filed a dispute with experian (got 3 reports thru annual credit reports). however, after doing a bit more research, i think i should've just let that collection fall off, since i believe in california the statute of limitations is 4 years? i just took a peek at my credit report and that old collection is again reporting...my question is, does that mean i have to wait several more years for it to fall off? i also received a letter from the collections agency a few days ago with a court date (but it's 500 miles south of me so i don't think i'll make it)...i think i should've just waited for it to fall of my record as compared to disputing it...i was just eager to repair my score and hoped that if i got it discharged then my score would rise. i could really use you guys' input...thanks!

secondly, i filled out my annual free credit reports all at the same time...i was able to view them that night, but now i can only log back into experian and review that credit report...i tried looking at both transunion and equifax and i couldn't find where i might be able to re-view that free report...any ideas?

dc

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
danielodonoll
New Contributor

Re: Question about a dispute

If the collection agency send u a letter with the court date,it means they will get a judgment against you and that will remain in your credit for 7yrs

How much was the collection for ?

Citi Bank X2/ 29k-USAA Amex/Mastercard 24k-PP Mastercard 20k_
WMDiscover 20k-PenFed X2/15k
Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 2 of 11
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

hello...thanks for the reply...it's for 1500 plus i believe

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 3 of 11
danielodonoll
New Contributor

Its not worth it to stay 3 more  yrs with that co in the way

Just try to pay it for deletion

Is not worth the hassle for 1500 believe me.I would borrow the money or open a credit card and pay the collection

Remember to ask the collection agency to delete it from the credit report for a payment exchange

Most of the time they will comply

Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 4 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 11
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

actually...here's what i got...it's actually NOT from the collections company...however, i do see them reporting again on my experian...here's what letter i got actually:

http://recordingclassaction.com/

it's actually a class action lawsuit...

dc

i had to redig the darn letter from my trash bin...lol...i was just too upset when i got it...

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 6 of 11
danielodonoll
New Contributor

Well even so the original lender will sell the debt to a diffrent collection agency and then you will be back to square one with a new collection showing in your credit report

Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 7 of 11
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@djc1puno wrote:

actually...here's what i got...it's actually NOT from the collections company...however, i do see them reporting again on my experian...here's what letter i got actually:

http://recordingclassaction.com/

it's actually a class action lawsuit...

dc

i had to redig the darn letter from my trash bin...lol...i was just too upset when i got it...

So that's good, not a suit against you.  But, as a piece of easy advice to give: Try NOT to throw out letters you think are from collections setting court dates!  It's really something that might be good to keep...

Message 8 of 11
enharu
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
In California, It's 7 years not 4 years.

+1

also, was the collection really yours, or someone else? i didn't quite understand your first post.

if it really wasn't yours, fight it till the end. did you owe anything and not pay back?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 11
danielodonoll
New Contributor

+1 enharuSmiley Happy

Good advice

Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.