Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about applying for cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about applying for cards

Good luck!   - I notice you're OOPS's with them are more recent than mine - mine are like 11 years old now - so that may have made the difference too.  

I figured I was doomed for life - so it's good to know that wasn't the case!   Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I went against my better judgement and applied. I knew not to apply but couldnt resist... in case what if.:

Thank you for your recent Discover® Student card application. Unfortunately, we are unable to approve your request at this time for the following reason(s):

STATUS OF EXISTING / PRIOR DISCOVER CARD ACCOUNT

If you have any questions, knowledgeable Credit Analysts are available to assist you, Monday through Friday, 8am to Midnight ET, by calling 1-877-330-4223. For helpful financial tips and information on managing your credit, visit Discover.com and search "Credit Management."

Thank you for your interest in Discover.

New Accounts Team

Our credit decision was based in whole or in part on information obtained in a report from the consumer reporting agency listed below. You have a right under the Fair Credit Reporting Act to know the information contained in your credit file at the consumer reporting agency. The reporting agency played no part in our decision and is unable to supply specific reasons why we have denied credit to you.

You also have a right to a free copy of your report from the reporting agency, if you request it no later than 60 days after you receive this notice. In addition, if you find that any information contained in the report you receive is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to dispute the matter with the reporting agency.

For a free copy of your credit bureau report, contact:

TRANSUNION CONSUMER RELATIONS
PO BOX 1000
CHESTER, PA 19022
(800)916-8800
WWW.TRANSUNION.COM

We also obtained your credit score from this consumer reporting agency and used it in making our credit decision. Your credit score is a number that reflects the information in your credit report. Your credit score can change, depending on how the information in your credit report changes.

Type of credit score FICO
Your credit score 595
Date September 18, 2015
Scores range from a low of 300 to a high of 850
Key factors that affected your credit score were as follows:
SERIOUS DELINQUENCY, AND PUBLIC RECORD OR COLLECTION FILED
NUMBER OF ACCOUNTS WITH DELINQUENCY
TOO FEW ACCOUNTS PAID AS AGREED
LENGTH OF TIME REVOLVING ACCOUNTS HAVE BEEN ESTABLISHED
NUMBER OF INQUIRIES ON CREDIT BUREAU

So I called them for a recon. they said because i was denied for a previous account, no reconsideration can be done. Called twice different Csr's said the same Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry - maybe let more time pass - like I said mine was 11 years.......Good luck  Smiley Frustrated

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.