Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about baddie and goodwill

tag
Cmikul
Regular Contributor

Question about baddie and goodwill

I have 1 baddie reporting...it's a late payment from Jan of this year.  I was considering doing a goodwill letter to see if they would delete it....but I found out thru my research that I have 3 late pays last year on that card that never got reported.

I don't want to stir the hornets nest and have them decide to start reporting those but this 1 baddie is killing me.

Recomendations???

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Cmikul
Regular Contributor

Re: Question about baddie and goodwill

Bump for advice 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cmikul wrote:

I have 1 baddie reporting...it's a late payment from Jan of this year.  I was considering doing a goodwill letter to see if they would delete it....but I found out thru my research that I have 3 late pays last year on that card that never got reported.

I don't want to stir the hornets nest and have them decide to start reporting those but this 1 baddie is killing me.

Recomendations???

My opinion - its not worth the hassle and risk. Yeah, a 30 day late will really hit your scores hard at first, but you are almost at the one year mark already, and it will pretty much be invisible (scorewise), after 24 months.

Message 3 of 5
Cmikul
Regular Contributor

Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

+1

Seeing the presence of prior lates would mitigate against their possible good-will, and could result in their decision to add those derogs.

A 30-late is a minor derog.

I would not recommend any corresponsdence that would cause an account review at this time.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.