Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about cap 1 secured

tag
Shayenorwood
Valued Member

Question about cap 1 secured

Ok first I guess I could call but I feel like you guys know more about the company than the company it's self. I was approved for a 200 secured cap 1 with a 49$ deposit. Does this mean that for every 49$ I deposit I get another 200$ increase?? I was so excited that I payed the 49$ as soon as I opened the approval letter and didn't think about the possibility of more CL. I have like 80 days to add money so guess its not a huge deal. Thanks all so much for all the helpful info
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about cap 1 secured

no you pay 49.00 for a 200.00 cl.  if you want to raise the limit you have to do it with your own funds

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 2 of 3
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about cap 1 secured

@Shayenorwood wrote:
Ok first I guess I could call but I feel like you guys know more about the company than the company it's self. I was approved for a 200 secured cap 1 with a 49$ deposit. Does this mean that for every 49$ I deposit I get another 200$ increase?? I was so excited that I payed the 49$ as soon as I opened the approval letter and didn't think about the possibility of more CL. I have like 80 days to add money so guess its not a huge deal. Thanks all so much for all the helpful info

I got this same card a few years ago with the $49/$200, and about 6 months ago I was given a $100 unsecured CLI as well as when the website started doing the online chat the offered me a $2 limit increase for every $1 I deposited.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.