Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about collection activity

tag
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about collection activity

Does it matter hired or sold on the DV letter?

If I could DV them and it got me another 30 days to pay I would be in better shape to pay it. 

Message 11 of 24
KoolDev
Regular Contributor

I have one account with CCHC out of New Bern that I was able to pay.  It showed on one of my credit FAKOS if i remember right.  Called them and they couldnt find the record so I disputed and it went away.  

The way it happened with me is, i paid the OC as soon as I got something in the mail from the CA.  Forgot about it and looked and saw it and called the CA.  They had no record of it thank goodness.

I am not sure what to tell you.   I had one go to Interstate Collections in Winston Salem.  I paid them before i knew what a PFD was.  I have called about a GW gesture, they were ugly, I mailed a letter and just got the respose a few minutes ago, dang woman typed in BOLD, told me i needed to put a statement in my CRA files about it.  Oh it ticked me off.

My Sock Drawer: Care Credit $4200-0, JCP 2100-0, Chase 3000-0, Chase Freedom $4500.00-0, WF $1000.00-0.00
In Use: NFCU Visa Sig $17.5k- 0.00k
I still have too MANY CARDS
Starting Score 538
Current Score Oct 30-14 701 fico Eq-- 745 Fico Tu-- 713 Fico Ex
Message 12 of 24
KoolDev
Regular Contributor

Get validation is my recommendation.  Might give you a little more time to feel it out.  I wish you the best

My Sock Drawer: Care Credit $4200-0, JCP 2100-0, Chase 3000-0, Chase Freedom $4500.00-0, WF $1000.00-0.00
In Use: NFCU Visa Sig $17.5k- 0.00k
I still have too MANY CARDS
Starting Score 538
Current Score Oct 30-14 701 fico Eq-- 745 Fico Tu-- 713 Fico Ex
Message 13 of 24
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I just don't know what I should do.  I don't want this to hit my reports.  The debt to the OC is already listed on there.  I don't want that one to show and also one from the CA.  ANd it doesn't matter if it reports paid, it still hurts my credit.

Message 14 of 24
aurelie00
Regular Contributor

Many posters are suggesting you get it validated from from CA. 

Send the DV letter to the CA asap, since you said the letter you received was dated 10/02/13. 

Starting Score: 524
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 15 of 24
Shellie
Valued Contributor

DV letter is in the mail.

Message 16 of 24
DaBears
Senior Contributor

How old is the unpaid debt? is just the OC reporting? is the CA listed? 

Message 17 of 24
Shellie
Valued Contributor

The debt is from 11/11.  Right now only the OC is reporting.  I had been making small payments to them.  I got the letter from the CA a couple days ago.  The CA isn't reporting yet.

Message 18 of 24
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I didn't have any payment arrangements with them.  I was just making small payments online when I was able.

Message 19 of 24
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Once you pay in full, or settle the CA could list the account as a $0 bal which will lower your score. 

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.