Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about collections and best course of action

tag
Divaofsongs
Frequent Contributor

Question about collections and best course of action

I have 2 collections from the same company reporting to my credit. One is for a wheelchair and the other is for a walker that the insurance was supposed to pay for but ultimately ended up denying so now they are on my credit. I filed chap 7 BK on May 15, 2013, I got the wheelchair and walker a week later. The chap 7 discharged in Aug of 2013. Now I have perfect credit since the BK, except for these 2 collections. One is $1080 and the other is $146.

I am disabled and on a fixed income through SSDI. I cannot afford to PIF them but would like some suggestions on how to get them off my credit. I will be able to make a settlement offer/payment of 25%, IF and only IF they will agree to delete the entire file from my credit in return. If they will not do that, I will just let them sit there and age off.

First, is this even feasible and second, if so, how should I proceed?

Chap 7 BK Discharge Aug 2013 (Initial CL/Current CL): Discover IT ($5.5K/$32.5K) Cap1 QS ($500/$30K) Amazon ($700/$8K) Barclay's MC ($1,300/$10.3K) Upromise ($500/$33K) Lowe's ($900/$13K) Sportsman's Visa ($17K) WF Amex ($13K) AMEX BCE ($10K) AMEX Gold NPSL - FICO's: All 740+
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about collections and best course of action

Your answer would be On creditboards.com
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.