Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about credit reports

tag
rapprt
Established Member

Question about credit reports

After reviewing my credit reports, I see that most of the cards go by the last 2 years.  However there are some reports that are from 4 years ago and if they would update the reporting the 30 day lates that I have would fall off and be over 2 years.  Is there anything I can do to have them update the reporting?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about credit reports

30 day lates that are over two years old do not factor into the scoring model anyway. Don't bother. Concentrate on other derogs.

Message 2 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

30 day lates that are over two years old do not factor into the scoring model anyway. Don't bother. Concentrate on other derogs.

Do you have a FICO source for this?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've read it many times here - over and over its been said 30 day lates don't hurt your score after 24 months.

Is that not correct?

Message 4 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I've read it many times here - over and over its been said 30 day lates don't hurt your score after 24 months.

Is that not correct?

You won't find that anywhere that I know of in any FICO documentation or opinions. If someone can find such a position I will be grateful and amend my comments.

All negatives lose impact over time but there are just too many variables to say how much one particular action wil impact scoring.

I agree that a single 30 day late will lose alot of it's sting in a 24 month period but as I said in another post we have to be careful about absolutes.

One person might be helped greatly after a 30 day late ages a bit but someone else will not necessarily see the same result because their credit profile is different.

I wish there were definitive breakdowns (i.e. at 12 months, 24, etc.) as to how an aging negative will continue to affect a score but as of right now I know only of anecdotal references and nothing set in concrete.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Roger that - I will keep that in mind.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.