cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about date of last activity (DOLA)

tag
IrishPM
Frequent Contributor

Question about date of last activity (DOLA)

Why do all three credit reporting agencies report a different DOLA in my credit file for the same account?

An old utility bill for $68 that was paid over 4 years ago is showing now updated in my Experian file as 'most recent activity is 120+ past due as of December 2008'. The paid utility bill was reported in my November 2008 Experian file as DOLA was December 2003.

How can they keep re-aging this account and for what purpose? Re-aging this account to December 2008 as 'seriously delinquent' dropped my score by 56 points.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
IrishPM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Question about date of last activity (DOLA)

I will copy/paste the trade line so you can see the information being reported.

Thanks for the feedback.

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I posted about this yesterday. My EX dropped 52 points. I was told by others on the board that it is not re aging...don't know how they can do it.
Message Edited by Harpo on 01-09-2009 11:59 AM
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

IrishPM, re-aging is when they change the DOFD  so that it will remain on your CR longer and make the SOL appear at a later date.

Do you know what the DOFD is? 

Message 3 of 7
IrishPM
Frequent Contributor

I'm familiar with 'date of last activity' (DOLA) which is the benchmark date used to calculate the duration to determine the statute of limitation (SOL) for any trade line.

I am not familiar with the acronym 'DOFD'.

Message 4 of 7
IrishPM
Frequent Contributor

Oops....DOFD....date of first delinquency....should have known better than to hit the 'post' button.

Date of first delinquency according to the utility company was March 2004.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

IrishPM wrote:

Why do all three credit reporting agencies report a different DOLA in my credit file for the same account?

An old utility bill for $68 that was paid over 4 years ago is showing now updated in my Experian file as 'most recent activity is 120+ past due as of December 2008'. The paid utility bill was reported in my November 2008 Experian file as DOLA was December 2003.

How can they keep re-aging this account and for what purpose? Re-aging this account to December 2008 as 'seriously delinquent' dropped my score by 56 points.

Any suggestions?

An account that was paid 4+ years ago can not be 120+ days past due just last month.

Who is reporting? I would send them a letter letting them know they are reporting inaccurate information which is a violation of FCRA and give them X days to fix.

It doesn't say "paid/was 120 past due" right? For the month of December in the payment history section, it shows 120 past due, right?

If you get copies of your report online, do you mind copy/pasting the TL, without sensitive/personal information? Just so others can look at it to be certain, sometimes it is hard to interpret them.

Message 6 of 7
IrishPM
Frequent Contributor

I will copy/paste the trade line so you can see the information being reported.

Thanks for the feedback.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.