Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about delinquency and charge off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about delinquency and charge off

so i asked something similar in a nother thread.  old note, last activity was 1999, i assumed this matter was done because i never heard from it again, but now i see there is a charge off on my CR from 2008.  i have no judgements on my CR.  should this still be showing up on my report since it is from 1999?  could they have waited 9 years to charge it off?  i thought that had to happen within months of the delinquency, for accounting purposes.

Please refrain from making duplicate threads,it only confuses everyone. 

Instead just reply to your thread, with a post that says "Bump".
Thank You,LIGHTNIN, myFICO-moderator

I'm merging both of your threads here. In hopes of, getting answers to all your questions. Todays thread followed by yesterday thread those replies.

Message 7 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge off on one CR but not another

Long story short, bad debt from 13+ years ago, charged off 5 years ago, on one CR but not another.  Has anyone had success with getting charged off debt pulled from a CR, either through settlement or paid in full?  By initiating that process, will the counter get reset and is there a chance it gets reported to the other agencies?

Message 1 of 35
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Charge off on one CR but not another

Nothing can make it report any longer.  Yes, there is a chance that if you negotiate a settlement for deletion and they don't accept it will start reporting on the other CRAs.

Who is reporting the OC or a CA?  Or both?

Message 2 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

OC

Message 3 of 35
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Being that old, though it does impact your score, it isn't as severe.

You can always call them and even see if they would be open to a PFD without actually offering one.  Feel them out so to speak.

Message 4 of 35
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Is the charge-off still showing, or only a debt balance?

If the debt became delinquent 13 years ago, how is the CO still being shown in the CR?

Message 5 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

date of last activity on account is in 1999, but it wasnt reported closed/charged off until 2008, i assumed that they just hold onto that charge off for longer to continue negatively affecting credit reports?

Message 6 of 35
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

bump.gif    Can you copy and paste, how the CO (charge off) is reporting here?

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 8 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

edited

Message 9 of 35
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It looks like they waited 9 years to close the account.  Other than that there isn't much information to go by here.

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.