Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about how things are reporting on CR

tag
moneystinks
New Contributor

Question about how things are reporting on CR

On my TU CR I have several accounts that were closed or charged off - however under the Account Status it states: Current Paid or Paying as agreed and Account Paid in Full was a charge-off.

While I know having a CHarge Off is not good, having it stated that it is paid in full - was a charge off is a good thing right if a lender were to look at it?
Thanks,

Andrea

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question about how things are reporting on CR

@moneystinks wrote:

On my TU CR I have several accounts that were closed or charged off - however under the Account Status it states: Current Paid or Paying as agreed and Account Paid in Full was a charge-off.

While I know having a CHarge Off is not good, having it stated that it is paid in full - was a charge off is a good thing right if a lender were to look at it?
Thanks,

Andrea

Each lender will have their own criteria for this but IMO it always looks better when a lender sees that the applicant was willing to pay their debts.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Question about how things are reporting on CR

Posting of a charge-off to your credit report is effectively the recoriding of the opinion of a creditor that you are not going to pay a delinquent debt with thm.

While payment of the debt does not require them to remove that prior opinion, it clearly demonstrates that you do, in fact, meet your debt obligations.

A HUGE plus in countering the implication/affect of a prior CO.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.