Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about making offers to CA for less that owed

tag
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about making offers to CA for less that owed

I found these dates from another post.  This gives a more accurate picture of the age of these debts.

$64(DoFD 12/08)

$83(DoFD 10/09) 

$407(DoFD 07/09)

Message 11 of 13
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@Shellie wrote:

I sent a PFD letter for the smallest one and noted in the letter that I would be making payment for the others in the following months.  It has been a few weeks and I haven't heard from them yet. I want to settle on the larger one.  But I don't think calling and saying "hi, I'll pay this one and this one in full and I want you to delete those but I only want to pay you $XX for this one but still delete it"  would be very effective. 

oh no! Don't do that! Sending a letter agreeing to pay can end up biting you in the rear end if you don't word it carefully!

As for how you should negotiate with them, I'm not sure, but hopefully someone here can offer good advice on that.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 12 of 13
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I worded it to say all the generic "I don't claim this debt" stuff. 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.