Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about old debt

tag
Mayn
Regular Contributor

Question about old debt

So i had a CA call me today about a debt from 2000.  Which is obviously not reporting.  He asked me to spay it.  I told him not at this time i needed to check into it.  If i was to pay that, would it come back onto my report now?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about old debt

If the DoFD was back in 2000 as you say, then it is well beyond the SOL. They can call you and attempt to collect, but they cannot take legal action against you or place on your credit reports.

If you are 100% sure it is from 2000, then a FOAD letter would be most appropriate.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 8
Mayn
Regular Contributor

I asked the guy that called when this was from and he is who told me 2000.  I know for a fact that it is not reporting cause im monitoring my reports.  He said if i pd it they would report it paid.  I just wouldnt want it to re appear.

Message 3 of 8
Mayn
Regular Contributor

And what is FOAD?  I dont see that one on the abreviations page LOL.

Message 4 of 8
Mayn
Regular Contributor

HAHAHAHA i just looked it up online and if its what i saw that a good one.

Message 5 of 8
ricopanorama
Established Member

@Mayn wrote:

So i had a CA call me today about a debt from 2000.  Which is obviously not reporting.  He asked me to spay it.  I told him not at this time i needed to check into it.  If i was to pay that, would it come back onto my report now?

It's always a good idea to get your CAs spayed or neutered. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ricopanorama wrote:

@Mayn wrote:

It's always a good idea to get your CAs spayed or neutered. Smiley Happy

I would love to get my ability to app spayed or neutered, i need to stop the new baby credit cards from popping out Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you pay it then it will reset the SOL which you do not want to do and it will show up on your credit reports as a new account which will probably lower your scores.

FOAD is the way to go!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.