Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about online disputing

tag
Dbremer
New Contributor

Question about online disputing

I disputed a ca account online through Experian 31 days ago. Tonight I called them requesting either results, deletion and the flag being removed... I was told that I only initiated a remark and no investigation had been done. What is the point of online disputing if no investigation is done? They asked if I wanted to dispute it now , as in start an investigation again...I said no and asked that the "remark" be removed. I'm going to dv now but Experian confused the crap out of me...
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Re: Question about online disputing

The experian site is a little confusing to me. The dispute area is set up to check the reason your disputing... such as not yours....paid in full...never late. Below that is an area for you to type in an extra message they send to the OC or CA with the dispute. Sounds like this is what occurred.
Message 2 of 5
Dbremer
New Contributor

I chose not mine. Didn't comment in the comment section. Just thought I was getting some kind of result with nothing getting done. Frustrating!
Message 3 of 5
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Sorry this happened to you. I would dispute it again via CRA. DV should be done in the 30 days after dunning is received if I'm not mistaken. They'll probably just ignore the DV now. Assuming they sent you a dunning notice in the first place. Good luck!
Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Why not bupass the CRA, and send a direct dispute to the furnisher of the disputed information?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.