Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about paid account

tag
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

Question about paid account

I traded a car in and it was paid in full. I have a letter from the lender that says that the account is paid in full. This happened in Jan and since then I have been asking the creditor to "close" it with TU, EX, EQ... They say that they have done all they could on their end and that its up to the credit agencies to mark it as closed.

What would be the quickest and best way to do this?

Last time I disputed it and it got closed but now there is a note stating that the account is closed but was disputed, which isn't ideal, I feel.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question about paid account

@RussianPassion wrote:

I traded a car in and it was paid in full. I have a letter from the lender that says that the account is paid in full. This happened in Jan and since then I have been asking the creditor to "close" it with TU, EX, EQ... They say that they have done all they could on their end and that its up to the credit agencies to mark it as closed.

What would be the quickest and best way to do this?

Last time I disputed it and it got closed but now there is a note stating that the account is closed but was disputed, which isn't ideal, I feel.

Thanks!

If its showing a 0 balance just leave it alone or it could disappear all together. You can get those dispute comments removed just call them and tell them you are no longer disputing.    http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Best-Way-to-Remove-quot-Account-In-Dispute-quot-for-M...

Message 2 of 4
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

No its not showing 0 balance. It shows balance but reporting of payments stopped in January.

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@RussianPassion wrote:

No its not showing 0 balance. It shows balance but reporting of payments stopped in January.

You need to verify the dealer actually paid off the note, call the lender and ask,  if they did get a letter to that effect from the creditor and send that to the CRA with demand for update to closed pays as agreed account.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.