Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about paying before Statement date/Due Date

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about paying before Statement date/Due Date

@Anonymous wrote:

I do schedule a payment before the due date and THEN I also have auto payments set up to pay a certain amount ON the due date. 

And no, LOL, no paper checks!

OK, so just look at your balance after the automatic payment is made on the due date, then make an additional payment as needed to bring it down where you want it. It really makes no difference whether its on, before or after the due date, as long as the balance on the close date is low.

Now having said all that, I would strees that it is NOT critical to score growth to maintain that "perfect UTI% formula" each and every month, nor is it critical to getting CLI's. As long as you are paying well more than the minimums, and not rolling balances over month to month (meaning not paying the entire closing balance in the following month) you will not incur any interest, and your lender will like you... If you do end up with a large balance one month, just pay it down immediately so the next statement is good. Your scores may fluctuate, but thats no big deal.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about paying before Statement date/Due Date

THANK YOU!   I just have to get through the next 5 months of doing THIS along with no app'ing. 

Gosh when I made that final BR13 payment and was completely debt free, I never thought I would be finding myself playing the credit score games to improve my scores.  But yet here I am.  I think that is the hardest thing for me, because for so long I lived below my means and adapted to minimalism that I find this difficult.  I am not a 'model' consumer anymore, so I've realized I have to put my everyday things on cards and buy a little something here and there to make it work for me.

I have a balance due on a New Zealand trip coming up.  Its a rather large balance I have to pay ($6K) so I guess I should split what I can of that balance among my 2 highest line cards, then pay it off with cash according to the 'rules'.  I thought of this last night and that it would help, showing I can handle the debt.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.